I am officially a bad Mexican mommy.
Yesterday, Clara and I went to the park at the Alameda. I did not realize how windy it was until we were there. And Clara's head was not covered. Granted, if I did try to cover it, I'm fairly certain that Clara would have taken the hat off, but I didn't even give her the option yesterday. The park was packed (full of other bad Mexican parents apparently--all those kids playing in the wind?!?), and Clara was a bit overwhelmed, so we went home much earlier than I anticipated.
We were waiting to eat dinner with Mario whenever he got home from work. As he was not home when we arrived, we busted out the ice cream. And ate it with relish.
After ice cream, Clara and I went to read books on the couch. She was snuggling up close to me and being quite still, rather unusual for 4:00 in the afternoon. I asked her if she wanted to lay down.
She plopped right over on the couch. Wow.
As popular wisdom states, wind + uncovered baby + ice cream = one very sick baby.
Being a gringa, I've always dismissed such popular notions. However, I failed to account for the fact that my daughter is Mexican. The rules that apply to my health may not apply to hers.
Perhaps it is just possible that wind and ice cream will have an adverse effect on the poor kid.
Or maybe it was the virus that Mario brought home the other day.
Either way, it's one sick, lethargic day at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment