Thursday, November 18, 2010

Papa? Papa?

Clara is often asking where Mario is when he's at work.

"Papa?" [blank look] "Papa?"

"Papa's at work," I usually reply.

Today was different. Today Mario went to Monterrey to renew his US tourist visa.

"Papa? Papa?"

"Papa's in Monterrey so he can get a new visa so we can visit Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas." There's a simple, easy-to-follow answer for the one-year-old, right?

"Mama?" Now, she doesn't usually ask for me when I'm in the room . . . and I just got the feeling that she wasn't asking about me.

"Do you mean Grandma?"

[Clara nods her head 'yes'.]

Aww . . . Clara remembers my parents! I'm so glad we can see them so soon after our last visit.

When Mario returned, I asked him if he'd be getting his visa back within the standard 4-6 weeks. We're cutting it pretty close for Christmas, aren't we?

"They said it would be 12 weeks".

My face dropped and my brain couldn't quite take in that information. Mario cackled straight away at his "funny" joke.

"Nah--it'll be 3 weeks."

Phew . . . that stinker really had me going there!

No comments:

Post a Comment