Summer rolls on . . . and is now starting to look like a typical, Mexican summer, thanks to the rain! (Thank you, God!) Oh, shoot--will this post jinx the rain away again? That happened after the last time I wrote about rain.
But really, it's time to stop believing that I can jinx things!
So, photo roll-call of the last week (or two):
 |
| Size comparison--almost 4 1/2 and almost 2. |
 |
| Our big excitement these last two weeks has been Vacation Bible School. I wrote a post on the whole experience on the other blog. In a nutshell--it's been great! |
 |
With Clara gone for two hours every day (thanks to VBS), Joey gets a break from being bossed around. The train set has been a hit, and he loves putting the tracks together his own way. (Clara ALWAYS wants it set up exactly like the picture on the cover of the box.) While I'm excited for Clara to start school because I know she'll love it, I'm also really looking forward to more one-on-one time with Joey.
Also--hint for those who buy my kids birthday presents and Christmas presents--just like children's books, one can never have too many trains and train track! ;) |
 |
We had a nice, steady rain ALL AFTERNOON yesterday. Usually it just downpours for 10 minutes. While I'm incredibly grateful for the rain (and if we got rain like that from now until Christmas it still wouldn't be too much) we were starting to get stir-crazy from spending ALL AFTERNOON inside. What do you people who live in more temperate climates DO when it rains for days on end? Or, how do you cope with--dare I mention it--a cold, snowy winter?
Now that I think about it, if we lived somewhere where it rained frequently, our wardrobes might actually include something called "rain gear". Ohhh . . . right.
And standing in the doorway, watching the rain might not be such the photo-op. |
No comments:
Post a Comment