While tomorrow is officially the first day of summer, we've been sinking into our summer routine quite nicely for about a month now. We're getting quite good at doing nothing, so I figured that I had nothing to blog about. For real--we've walked to the Alameda ONCE in the last month. That's it. We've got the lazy days of summer down pat. Before they even begin!
Every now and then, my camera batteries are charged, so I did find a few photos (and their stories) worth posting!
 |
| Joey drying off after an afternoon in the pool. |
 |
| Before the pool was up, we graffiti-ed the patio wall a bit. And , yes, it is popscicle season again! |
 |
On the Clara front, I had been dreading taking her in for her four-year-old shot. On Monday we finally did it. I still remember when I got my six-year-old shots--trauma doesn't even begin to describe it--they had to have 8 people hold me down! (And if I think I was traumatized, I only wonder how my poor mother survived the day.) I didn't know what Clara's reaction would be. But being that she normally cries at the drop of a hat, I didn't have high hopes. When I told her we were going to the clinic, she was OK, as if we were simply going to the grocery store. And when they gave her the shot, she didn't even flinch! Nothing! No reaction! I don't think I've ever been prouder of her. (Because, let me tell you, I closed my eyes and did some nice, deep yoga breaths while they poked her!) In this area, this kid is light years ahead of me.
OK, I realize this story doesn't go with the picture, but the picture didn't need a caption and that's about the best picture I've got of Clara recently. Nevermind that Joey features more prominently. Isn't he cute, though? |
 |
| The kiddos and their babysitter on the last day of Wednesday Bible Study. It was the very last day for both Bronte and Clara, as both girls will be going to school in the fall. (Bronte to college in the US--we'll miss her so much!) |
 |
I had a curiously quiet half-hour of washing dishes. Should have known something mischievous was afoot! That ice cream bucket was FULL of water by the time I found him, playing with everyone's toothbrushes. And what do I do?
Take a picture. Of course. |
 |
| He can climb into his carseat all by himself! From the ground! |
 |
| Clara invented a new game, oh-so-creatively named "Pool Ball". The point it to try to hit the ball with the golf club. In the end, it looks rather similar to pool. Maybe that's how pool was invented, eh? ;) |
 |
| Concentrating hard at poolball. Joey sometimes joins her with a club. That day, he was the ballboy and picked up the balls when they fell off the pool cover. |
No comments:
Post a Comment