We grill out on a fairly regular basis. Whenever we grill, I have a standing rule with Clara that, provided she eats a decent amount of whatever we're grilling (and/or any sides) she may have a marshmallow after dinner.
Her dinners rarely merit a marshmallow.
But yesterday, she gobbled down beef and kept asking us for more. (It was pretty excellent.) And, of course, she remembered the marshmallow agreement, which I enthusiastically complied with. If she has a marshmallow, I, of course, have to have one two. Marshmallows are one of my many weaknesses. I ALWAYS toast mine. Clara always eats hers raw.
Until yesterday.

Not only did she want her marshmallow cooked, she wanted to cook it! So we sat together, in front of the grill, bonding as only two people can bond over still-hot coals. It's a beautiful memory and I was thrilled that Mario thought to document it.
No comments:
Post a Comment