Monday, July 11, 2011

Conversations with Clara (Part II)

Being the things that pass (or, better put, evolve) all too quickly, I'm recording yet another Clara conversation here.

This afternoon we were in the pool. Clara likes using the skimmer net to fish out stray leaves and bugs, just like I do. This afternoon, she decided to fish out her ball and rubber puppy.

Every now and then she accurately counts to two or three. But we seem to be missing something, somewhere.

When she got both the puppy and the ball trapped in the net, she triumphantly exclaimed, "two puppy! Two balls!"

I pointed out that she had only one puppy and one ball in the net. "You have two toys. But only one puppy and one ball."

She seemed to seriously consider this information for awhile. But, for the rest of the afternoon, as long as she was playing with her toys and the net, she had two puppies and two balls.

It'll come.

No comments:

Post a Comment