Pablo Hermoso was back in town this weekend, and Mario was dead set on getting tickets. Pablo Hermoso is a bullfighter who does all his bullfighting on horseback, and he´s pretty famous. I haven´t enjoyed watching him in the past--I was too afraid for his horses.
But now, after seeing him on Saturday, it´s clear that he is quite a master and that he spends a good deal more time training those horses than many people do with their children. It was clear he wouldn´t let anything happen to them.
In addition to my normal Pablo Hermoso qualms, I was nervous taking the kids. Clara has been to bullfights before, but that was before Joey was born and she was too young to understand what was going on. At the ripe old age of five, I was afraid that this would be a little too real for her.
At two, Joey was still too young to understand quite what was going on, but he really enjoyed seeing all the horses and bulls and still talks about it. But he was missing some key information as, after they killed the bulls and were dragging them out of the ring, he´d yell, ¨Bull! Up!¨
Yeah, he can´t get up again, Joe.
Clara watched with interest and claims that she enjoyed it. I believe her. Beef is still among her favorite foods, so I don´t think we´ve scarred her for life. The experience may have been like our outing in December, when I took her to see the Nutcracker. I asked her if she liked the ballet and she told me, ¨I just like being with you, Mama.¨
Awwww . . .
In other news, Clara´s class wrapped up a unit on storytelling, so Clara´s class put on an original play. It was the animal race. A caterpillar wanted to race with all the other animals and, as it turned into a butterfly, the caterpillar won the race after all. Clara got to be Butterfly #2 and tie for the win.
And Joey´s just cute sucking on a vampire pacifier sucker.
Hi my family is relocating to saltillo due to my husband's work. We have 3 kids and we are looking to meet other gringos there. We would love to have some tips from gringos living there too!
ReplyDeleteHey there, Meli!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!!! I´m looking forward to meeting you!
If you haven´t found it, I have another blog at www.meximamma.blogspot.com that has more to do about Saltillo.
And if you´ve got more questions, feel free to email me at jilldouglas01@hotmail.com.
Woo-hoo! New people! ;)
Oh thank you so much! I am looking forward to meet you too. My email address is mecalo@hotmail.com. I am going to check the block :)
ReplyDelete