Monday, March 19, 2012

The "New" Toy

Last Sunday was absolutely beautiful, so I wanted to spend some time in the patio with the wee one. However, it was sometime around noon, and as I stepped outside it dawned on me (yet again) that there is no shade in our patio between 11 and 3.

D'oh!

Then I had a brainstorm and realized that we own a tent. Said tent could give the not-so-brand-new baby's skin a break from some seriously intense sun. So I set it up and we were happy.

Then Clara woke up from her nap, discovered the tent, and it was promptly declared "The. Coolest. Toy. Ever." [OK, my words not hers.]

So we've had a lot of fun in the tent this week. It's a great place to play CandyLand, her other new obsession. She also thinks the tent doubles as a bounce house. Actually, I think she thinks that it IS indeed, a bounce house.

A few weeks ago, before she had ever seen the tent, I tried to explain what a tent is and then asked if she'd sleep with me in it. In the patio. Outside. Her reaction was essentially, "Why on earth would I sleep outside when I have a perfectly good bed inside?!?"

However, now that the tent is her new favorite place, she does ask to take naps in it (I veto this, as the temperature in the tent at naptime is roughly around 100 Fahrenheit). But I do tempt her that she and I can sleep in the tent at night some weekend night.

She's considering it. I look forward to it.

I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment