Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nightly Adventures

The other night, Joey was sleeping in my room. After I had finally gotten him to sleep (for the second or third time that night), I walked past Clara's room and noticed the light on. Now, I was sure I had turned it off when I kissed her goodnight.

I checked the rest of the house to make sure Patty wasn't in there for some reason. Nope, Patty was in the kitchen.

That means that Clara was out of bed and up to no good.

I opened the door and found this:

I just loved surveying this scene and reconstructing exactly what happened between the time that I closed the door and then found her here again. She had gotten out of bed, turned on the lights, took some books off the shelf, made the bed her reading stand (because it's clearly waaay better to read standing up). And then when she finally got tired she laid down on the floor (because she loves the freezing cold tiles).

And because the lights were too bright, she just put her blanket over her head. *sheesh*

Every day (and sometimes night) is an adventure around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment