This is probably one of those things I shouldn't post, but I just can't help myself.
Note: if you can't stand seeing/listening to crying children DO NOT play the following video.
In case you didn't catch it, Clara is expressing her dismay that we're not letting her watch any more Top Gear. (It was time for bed.)
Yep, we're bad parents and let our kid watch TV (OK, YouTube).
The F1 season started yesterday, so Mario of course had to watch the highlights of the race, courtesy of YouTube. Alas, we no longer have cable. Can't say I'm broken up about this, as I do not miss the races at 6am. But Mario does. Thank goodness for the magic of YouTube.
After the race, he and Clara still had not gotten their full car fix, so he pulled up an episode of the BBC's Top Gear. (Those of you in Mexico, yes, I have heard your ire about the show. We agree. But we love Top Gear anyway. Plus, it gave Mastretta plenty of free publicity.) Despite the manifold similarities I note between myself and Clara, it can't be denied that she's pretty "into" vehicles of any kind, race cars in particular.
Hence, the angst when we told her it was time for bed.
Funny thing, though. I don't remember actually telling her that we were watching Top Gear. Certainly, the show itself mentioned its name enough, and Mario and I no doubt said the name in passing.
And Clara certainly internalized it. As soon as we began to understand her, it became clear that she was shouting, "no more Top Gear! No more Top Gear!" And in Clara-ese, that means that she's really sad she didn't get to see any more.
Do you think that if we sent this video to Top Gear we'd get free tickets to the show?
No comments:
Post a Comment