I've been noticing a couple new obsessions with Clara, and I wanted to write them down and share before they got old (or she drops them entirely).
- She loves listening to the traffic, especially those with either bigger or smaller engines than regular cars (in her words, "vrrrrr"). She can now identify and tries to say motorcycle [mo-TOR], and still gets excited about trucks.
- Despite that, her new favorite word is "stuck". It's usually either pronounced "duck" or "'tuck". We first started playing a game where I'd trap her hand under my leg. But now anything that she can't get easily is quickly decided to be "duck".
- We live just a block away from our church, so when the bells ring twice a day, we hear them. The evening bells get her attention, as we're usually eating at 6:30 and 7 when they go off. When she pointed out the door towards the bells, I let her know that they meant that there would be mass soon. "Do you want to go to mass?" She shook her head no. Then she said, "ni-night!" Right! The bells do ring right around the time of your 7 o'clock bedtime! What a sharp kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment